Your purchase will not include shipping. Please give us a call at 831-722-9663 or email email@example.com so we may provide you with the best shipping costs to your area.
Because we ship all sizes, shapes and weights of wood, we work with multiple shipping companies to find the best options available for the lowest cost. It is important to note that the shipping rates these companies provide may change slightly between the time we provide you with a shipping quote and the time the order is shipped.
We are happy to give you shipping quotes prior to purchase. All you need to do is provide us with a zip code and the product or products that you are interested in. Please note that all shipping quotes we provide are approximate and may be subject to change slightly.
Freight and Ground Shipping
Small pieces under 150 lbs. can be shipped via FedEx ground and delivered directly to your door. Larger pieces must be shipped by freight, and may be subject to additional charges as explained below.
Residential and Commercial Delivery
We offer both residential and commercial delivery. Residential freight deliveries have an additional charge, but you can always pick up your order from a local commercial delivery hub to save a little more on shipping. If you’re buying a raw slab to have your project finished locally, we can ship directly to your woodworker.
Understanding Shipping Costs
Because each piece is unique, shipping costs are determined on a case-by-case basis. Shipping charges will depend on these factors:
- Weight – when we provide a shipping quote, we use a generous estimate for the weight of the slab, but this may vary slightly from the final weight when the slab is packaged for shipping.
- Size – large pieces may be subject to an excessive length charge.
- Finish – due to different classifications with the shipping companies we use, shipping a finished piece usually costs more than shipping raw wood. When we send out tables that include legs or bases, there is often an additional charge since they must be classified as furniture rather than raw wood.
- Residential Delivery – freight shipments have an extra charge for a residential delivery
- Liftgate Service – if you will require use of the lift gate to unload your order from the truck, there is an additional charge from the shipping company.
- Saturday Delivery, White Glove Service, Inside Delivery – available from most of our shipping companies for an additional charge. Let us know if you will require these or any other special delivery services.
Transit time will vary depending on your location. Typically, we ship raw and unfinished pieces 2-3 weeks from when we receive payment. Finished pieces and custom orders may take longer, depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. However, if you’re working on a deadline, please let us know and we will do our best to expedite the process. We are a small business with a lot of orders to fill, and we want to ensure that we take the time to make sure each piece is in the best condition and is packed securely before we ship.
Damaged in Transit
Orders must be inspected upon arrival and any damage noted with the carrier prior to signing for the shipment. In the unlikely event that your order is damaged in transit and is properly documented with the carrier, we either repair or replace your order. Each occurrence is assessed on a case by case basis. Pacific Slabs. cannot be held responsible for damaged orders that are not properly documented and promptly reported.